Community Reinvestment Roundtable – Workforce Development
Workforce development and labor market issues remain at the forefront as the country continues its recovery from the Great Recession. Changes in worker demographics, the structure of the economy and evolving demands for skills all affect workforce development policies and practices.
Please join us for this community reinvestment roundtable discussion, which will focus on local responses to these challenges. We will also discuss available opportunities as well as efforts to improve them for the long-term unemployed, ex-offenders, people with disabilities and others who face the greatest difficulties in the labor market.
Speakers will include:
- Kevin Woods, Executive Director, Workforce Investment Network
- Glen Fenter, Executive Director, Greater Memphis Alliance for a Competitive Workforce (GMACW)
- Chris Hendrix, Director of Job Training, Binghampton Development Corp.
- Sondra Howell, Director of Workforce Development, Memphis Bioworks Foundation
- Sandra Fay Lee, Workforce Development Manager, Southern Partners
This event is free; however, registration is required by Monday, Nov. 2. Seating is limited, so early registration is encouraged. Business casual attire is appropriate. A light continental breakfast will be served. Please feel free to forward this invitation to other interested contacts.
For more information, please contact Kathy Moore Cowan at 901-531-5110, or via email at email@example.com.
We hope you will join us.
Presented by the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis—Memphis Branch, Barret School of Banking,
Community Development Council of Greater Memphis, FDIC and the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC).
This special Barret Partner event requires registration on the host’s website. Click here: