The ICBA Bond Academy is designed to provide community bankers with the knowledge needed to plan, create and manage effective community bank portfolios.
Community banks have discovered that IBA is an essential part of management succession planning.
- Bond basics, including bond pricing, duration, convexity and price volatility
- Understanding the rate market (yield curves, spreads, FOMC impact)
- Economic update from Vining Sparks’ Chief Economic Strategist
- In-depth analysis of the various types of bank investments (agencies, municipals, MBS, CMOs, ARMs, SBAs)
- Development of investment and interest rate risk policies
- Understanding the use of rate swaps to minimize exposure to rate changes
- Commentary from a community bank portfolio manager
- Using bond swaps and leverages to improve overall portfolio performance
- Developing portfolio strategies (laddering, barbells, riding the yield curve)
- Day-to-day management techniques
- Evaluating investment portfolio performance
Audience: Community bank CEOs, CFOs, investment officers, and heirs apparent. Bond Academy alumni will find this to be new information.
Location: Peabody Hotel, Memphis, TN
Cost: ICBA Members—$695/session. Nonmembers—$795/session
- Jim Reber is President and CEO of ICBA Securities.
- Mark Evans is Director of Investment Strategies for ICBASecurities.
- Craig Dismuke is Chief Economic Strategist for Vining Sparks.
- Greg Roll works with financial institutions to optimize asset/liability management and capital adequacy within regulatory guidelines.
- Randy Wade is Director of Sales for ICBA Securities.
This special Barret Partner event requires registration on the host’s website. Click here: